OREGON STATE UNIVERSITY

SDMG Meetings

Meeting Date Associated Files Notes Edit link
Thursday, March 15, 2018 - 07:00

Richardson 107

John Sharrard (esri) presented on transitioning to ArcGIS Pro from ArcMap 10.x and showed some common architecture patterns for enterprise setup.  His slide deck is attached.

PDF icon workshop_migrating_to_pro_gig_march_14_2018_1.pdf view
Thursday, January 21, 2016 - 18:00

Peavy 236

Facilitator:  Keith

Treats: Terralyn

Agenda: Theresa’s last lecture (or retrospective)

  1. Announcements
  2. Data
  3. Software/hardware issues
  4. Training
  5. Round table
  6. Next Meeting:  February 18 or 29
    1. Facilitator
    2. Treats
    3. Topic: 
view
Thursday, December 17, 2015 - 18:00

FSL 200

Facilitator:  Terralyn

Treats: Patti

Agenda:

  1. Announcements
  2. Data
  3. Software/hardware issues
  4. Training
  5. Round table
  6. Next Meeting:  January 21 or 28 ?
    1. Facilitator
    2. Treats
    3. Topic:  Theresa’s last lecture (or retrospective)

 

 

view
Thursday, October 22, 2015 - 17:00

JSB 181 B

Spatial Data Management Group Meeting Thursday October 22nd (NOTE LOCATION CHANGE)  10:00 am

 

We will be meeting over at JSB  room 181B.  JSB is located down the street, to the West,  on Jefferson.

Anyone wanting to walk over together can meet at FSL at 9:50am

The main entrance into the building is open during office hours and the conference room is just inside the mail hall, second on the left side, opposite the 'cafe'.

 

view
Thursday, May 28, 2015 - 17:00

Richardson 203

May Spatial Data Management Group Meeting  Thursday May 28th, Room  Richardson 203      10:00 am

 

Topic:  learn about ArcGIS on-line and how to get access, use it.

Facilitator:  Matt

Treats:  Theresa

Notes:  Dave

 

Meeting Agenda:

  1. Announcements
  2. Data
  3. Software/Hardware:  GIS Pro available through arcgis on-lne.
  4. Training
  5. Round table

 

view
Thursday, April 16, 2015 - 17:00

Richardson 313

Meeting in Richardson 313 @10:00 am.

Topic:  John Sharrard from esri will be here to talk about all things new with ArcGIS

Facilitator:  Theresa

Treats:  Ray

Notes: Keith

 

Meeting agenda:

  1. Announcements:
  2. Data:
  3. Software/Hardware
  4. Training
  5. Round Table

 

Next Meeting:

May 28?

Facilitator?

Treats?

Notes?

Topic?

 

Meetings:

  1. GeoDev Meetup and Hacker lab that was in PDX on 4/9
  2. GIS in Action:  May 4-6 Vancouver, WA   http://www.gisinaction.org/
  3. Esri International User conference: July 20-24 in San Diego
  4. FOSS4G  talks on line  https://2015.foss4g-na.org/  here are the keynotes: https://2015.foss4g-na.org/keynotes
PDF icon John Sharrarad talk 4/16/2015 view
Thursday, March 26, 2015 - 17:00

Richardson 313

Topic:  David Bell will present his research:  Spatial variation in the uncertainty of imputed maps in Central Oregon, USA

view
Thursday, February 26, 2015 - 18:00

Richardson 313

Spatial Data Management Group Meeting February 26th  10:00 am Richardson 313

Topic:  Matt Gregory will do a presentation on what he learned at the Google Earth Engine training last week.

Facilitator:  Terralyn

Treats:  Kelly C

Notes:  Matt

 

Announcements:

Data:

Historical vegetation for SW Washington and historical stream alignments http://www.pdx.edu/pnwlamp/historical-vegetation-maps-for-pacific-northwest#Washington

Software/hardware:   Might be nice to get an ArcGIS Pro demo from someone at ESRI?

Training:

Round Table:

Next meeting:  March 19 or 26

Topic?

Facilitator?

Treats?

Notes?

Meetings:

ESRI Developer Summit:  March 10-13, 2014   http://www.esri.com/events/devsummit    (Mark Nay going)

Willamette Valley GIS Users Group Winter 2015 Meeting:  Wednesday February 25th   1-4pm,  Eugene  http://www.orurisa.org/page-507168

GIS in Action:  May 4-6 Vancouver WA  http://www.gisinaction.org/

ESRI User Conference:  July 20-24  San Diego

view
Thursday, January 22, 2015 - 18:00

Richardson 313

Next Meeting:  January 22   Jim Eyard to do a preview of his masters thesis.

Facilitator – Patti

Treats - Terralyn

Notes – Dave

Meetings:     Esri Developer Summit - March 10-13, 2015

File SDMGNotes_20150122.docx view
Thursday, November 20, 2014 - 18:00

Richardson 313

Topic:  In honor of GIS Day, we’ll have tips, trips, and tricks for using Model Builder.  Patti will start us off on iterations.  Bring you example, tips, and any tricks you’ve discovered along the way.

 

view

Pages