OREGON STATE UNIVERSITY

SDMG Meetings

Meeting Date Associated Files Notes Edit link
Thursday, April 19, 2012 - 17:00

CFSL 20A

Spatial Data Management Group Meeting Thursday April 19th  10:00 am in FSL Room 20A  (NOTE: ROOM CHANGE)

The meeting is in the new Forest Service Building, first floor.  You’ll need to sign in (if you don’t work in FSL or have a fob) and then go to conference room 20A

Topic: ArcGIS Server with Theresa and Keith      We’ll be talking about what it takes to use the ArcGIS Server machine in COF, and how to make a  map or image service and then use ArcGIS web API’s or out of the box templates for creating basic applications.

 

Treats: Terralyn

Notes: Patti

Facilitator: Matt

 

 

view
Thursday, March 22, 2012 - 17:00

Richardson 313


Topic:

Mike Scanlon demonstrated his team’s (USFS NRM) use of ArcGIS Mobile to create editable services for offline data collection.  ArcGIS Mobile enhances the capabilities of ArcPad and Mike’s team has been developing tools to access this functionality.  He stepped the group through the setup of the map document (.mxd), the configuration of the service, the publication of the service using the ArcGIS Mobile Project Center and the display of the service within an emulator.  He also presented a number of “gotchas” along the way that his team has encountered in development.

Treats: Patti
Notes: Matt
Facilitator: Terralyn

PDF icon Meeting Notes view
Thursday, February 23, 2012 - 18:00

Topic:  Editing in ArcGIS 10.0   Theresa Valentine will share details about using the new ArcGIS editor.  Others can share what they have learned as well.

Treats: Patti

Notes: Theresa

Facilitator: Kelly

Agenda:

Meetings:

OSU GIS Teaching Faculty Meeting Report: Matt

Willamette Valley GIS Users Meeting, Thursday Feb 23, 1:00-3:30 Albany.

OR-URISA- Portland Red Lion Jantzen Beach, March 13/14.

ESRI DEV Conference – Palm Springs, CA, March 26-29

Society for Conservation GIS, Asilomar, CA, July 19-22

ESRI Users Conference – San Diego, July 23-27

FORESTSAT 2012 – Corvallis, OSU, Sept. 11-14, 2012

SilviLaser 2012, Vancouver, BC – Sept. 16-19, 2012

Data: 

Software:

Training:

        Esri Development Center news- Matt

        Plotter training:  Theresa

Round Table:

Next Meeting:  March 22 or 29?

Topic:?

Treats:?

Notes:?

Facilitator:?

view
Thursday, January 26, 2012 - 18:00

Richardson 313

Speaker:  Bernie Jenny, New Cartography Professor in Geosciences.  He'll talk about his research interests.


Treats: Matt


Notes: Patti


Facilitator: Keith


 

Microsoft Office document icon SDMG Meeting Notes Jan 26, 2012.doc view
Thursday, December 22, 2011 - 18:00

Richardson 313

Topic:  Tad Larson to talk on "iOS and Anroid app development in the open-source Appcelerator environment"

Microsoft Office document icon Meeting Notes view
Thursday, November 17, 2011 - 18:00

Richardson 313
File Jim Graham4_0.pptx view
Thursday, October 20, 2011 - 17:00

Richardson 313

Jim Graham from the Geosciences Department was unable to attend the meeting. His presentation will be delayed until next month.

view
Thursday, September 22, 2011 - 17:00

TBD - JSB Building

Topic: Patti Haggerty to give demonstration on SharePoint mapping and MapIt

view
Thursday, July 28, 2011 - 17:00

Peavy 224

Topic: No special topic or speaker; general discussion

Microsoft Office document icon Meeting Notes view
Thursday, March 31, 2011 - 17:00

Richardson 313

Topic: ArcGIS Javascript API class - report from Theresa Valentine

Microsoft Office document icon Meeting Notes view

Pages